Sunday, January 4, 2009

New work -- 4 January, 2009

2009, already? Yipes!

With that realized, though, I've started trying some new things with some of the old things with my work.

After my recent, small show, I started getting the feeling that I'm gearing up to, in some form, work "larger" - whatever that means for my work. I might take it to larger surfaces, larger schemes and complexities, more generalized or specific themes, etc. or just a huge combination of everything. I'm starting to break from my norms of application. Now, I really want to start exploring with my concepts - maybe start exploring with NO concepts.

All of that really ties in with what I want to do with my work, ultimately, for the time being, which is a difficult enough thing to deliberate, on it's own. What's my motivation? - etc.

Also, for anyone who missed the announcement in December-- ANDREWMARATHAS.COM

Which reminds me! I'm also refining my statement. I truthfully loathe the one that I've put up as a placeholder, but, at the same time, I'm still, as I said, trying to work through why I do the work that I do. What are my motivations, now? I know what they used to be, but it's important for me, as most of you know pretty well, to constantly scrutinize the "why"s.

In any case, let me know what you think about this newer stuff. I should mention that I've decided to use this blog as a messy depot for all kinds of images of my work - the finished scans, the "I made this", handheld pieces, etc. etc. I think it gives a more full impression of the whole thing.

I should also advise to click the images for a larger version, as some of the extreme verticals are nearly impossible to accommodate in blog format. The files themselves are big.


Take care,

Andrew




1 comment:

Bryan said...

hmm what a tasty foot