Sunday, March 25, 2007

Blue!

I thought that I'd cover this piece next, mainly because it's so mysterious, even to me. I can't remember when, exactly, I did it. I also can't remember where I got the wood. What I do remember is that I had a thought about cadmium red, and how I never really use any punchy cool colors.

So, that's basically what this is - a fun experiment in using a loud blue, and letting the rest of the piece be something free-form. I still don't see it as effective as that damned red, but it's close. It has a nice, vibrant quality. I think I could've been more sparing with it, though - really make it pop by using very little of it. Who knows? I can try again, later. I like this piece, though. That flying brain is hard to spot, but fun when you do.


Take care,

Andrew

No comments: