Sunday, March 25, 2007

We're going to need a bigger boat...

I like this piece. It's simple and is an example of me really playing with the surface of the wood. I know that I said that I didn't intend to use clever conventions, but I also said that I fail at it with some instances. This is one of those instances. I think it's quiet enough a use to let pass.

To balance that out, I really just enjoy the size of this piece and the way that it was cut. I didn't cut it. I don't cut any of the wood I work on. I want to eliminate any sort of planning that could come from that. Because of that, I end up getting pieces like this, that are a weird size and are definitely not square. I end up with mistake cuts like the one on the bottom, and the piece of wood is altogether made more distinctive. I like it.


Take care,

Andrew

No comments: