Sunday, March 25, 2007

Power Rangers!

So, this piece was one where I started using pencil pretty extensively in the painting, and really just trying to accentuate the way that the medium acts, separate from the paint. This is also one of the first where I actually use hand-written text.

As for the content, I just got carried away and had fun with it. I had five little objects down at the bottom. So, I decided to paint a lightning bolt and paint them their individual colors. The speech bubbles were kind of an afterthought, but really help the composition along.

As for the surface, I love the presence of the wood. It's pretty large and pretty deeply set against the wall. I think it's 2 inches deep. It's a clunky piece of wood, and I'm curious to see how it looks with everything else.


Take care,

Andrew

No comments: